Refrain from drinking pop today. Replace it with more water to keep your body hydrated.
It is a known fact that all women hate cellulite. It makes them feel fat and unattractive. Little do females know; you do not have to be overweight to develop cellulite. Cellulite occurs more in women than in men and is normal fat build up underneath the skin. The bumpy appearance occurs from the fat pushing against the connective tissue. Especially now that we are in summer, women want to feel comfortable going to the pool or beach in their bathing suits or even just wear their favorite part of shorts. Unfortunately, cellulite can cause a lot of self-esteem issues which prevent women from doing things or wearing things that they love.
What we don’t realize is that cellulite can develop because of multiple reasons
- Fad dieting
- Poor diet
- Lack of physical activity
- Slow metabolism
- Hormone changes
- Total body fat
- Thickness and color of skin
There are many extreme treatments to reduce and eliminate cellulite such as liposuction, lasers and radiofrequency systems, or topical treatments. These treatments can cost a lot of money and will never fix the true problem of why cellulite develops. The best treatment for cellulite reduction and elimination is weight loss and an increase in physical activity.
Regular exercise is the most beneficial treatment for cellulite. Strengthening muscles in your thighs, butts, hips, and abdominals will help improve the appearance of puckered skin. The benefits of weight loss alone are limited which is why strengthening muscles and maintaining a healthy diet will be the best way to treat the cellulite that has developed.
Although cellulite cannot be 100% preventable, keeping off excess weight and strengthening muscles by living a healthy active lifestyle can help maintain skin tone and texture. Get into the habit of working out and eating right. Don’t give up because you will see progress if you stick with your goal!
It’s an obvious statement that many people in the world will have an alcoholic drink in their lives. Even people who are very serious about their health and physical fitness. Certain events come up such as holidays or weddings where people may stray form their eating, drinking, and exercise habits. Although veering from your regular habits is not the end of the world if it is only for one or two days, you want to make sure you do not hinder the progress you have made by consuming too much alcohol.
Excessive consumption of alcohol can undo everything that you just did as a workout.
- Alcohol contains calories – You are more than likely going to consume all the calories you burned in a workout by drinking alcohol
- Alcohol messes with hormones – Testosterone decreases with consumption of alcohol leading to increased fluid retention and fat deposits.
- Alcohol leads to imbalances in the liver – Imbalances in the liver cause one to have low blood sugar, a fatty liver, and fat build up in the bloodstream.
- Alcohol depletes water and nutrients – Alcohol irritates the lining of the stomach making it harder to absorb nutrients that are needed for the body.
- Alcohol dehydrates your body – Hangovers can last up to 24 hours and sometimes longer. During this time your body is recovering from the alcohol consumption and is very dehyrdated.
Tips for drinking while on an exercise regimen
- Drink in moderation – Socially drink; have 2 drinks with friends
- Drink a water in between each alcoholic beverage – You will not only be able to enjoy the alcoholic beverage, but you will also reduce the risk of becoming more dehydrated
- Space out your drinks – You do not need to chug your drink to have fun with friends. If you are out for the night, take your time drinking your beverage so that you do not consume more than you originally wanted
- Always end the night with a non-alcoholic beverage – This will help reduce the risk of having a hangover the next day, while hydrating yourself more after the night is over.
*The legal drinking age is 21 years old*Drink responsibly*
Alcohol consumption reduces blood flow to your muscles, causing muscle weakness and possible deterioration.
Have a glass of water before and during dinner instead of pop, alcoholic beverage or other drink.
Not only does it quench your thirst but it also suppress inflammation that can contribute to conditions such as asthma, atherosclerosis, diabetes, and arthritis.
Avocados and avocado spread is a great replacement for less nutritious sandwich condiments such as mayonnaise. Avocados are “nutrient dense” which means they provide essential vitamins, minerals, and other important nutrients. They are relatively low in calories; one ounce = 50 calories.